1. Do you use a pen name? If so, why?
My pen name is Jennifer Denys and I use it because I like to have a ‘writing’ identity – the fun side of me that gets great fun out of writing erotic scenes but I am lucky enough that I have been able to be open with everyone I know about my writing.
2. What is your favorite novel that you’ve written? Read?
My all-time favourite novel is Lord of the Rings.
3. Does the environment affect your writing (where you live, the seasons, the weather, etc.)?
Can’t say I have ever thought about this. I can generally write anywhere and at anytime. I would say that when I travel on the train into the day job each morning I find that is very conducive to coming up with creative ideas as my mind is relaxed and not cluttered with the day’s thoughts!
4. Where is your favorite/most bizarre place to have your characters boink?
I think I am very square because my characters have generally used the bed! However, I have had them ‘boink’ in a barn, on the rug, on a spanking bench, in a car, and am about to have them make love in a hill fort.
5. Do you base your heroines/heroes on photos of celebrities? If so, who?
No, I don’t base my characters on celebrities. My heroine’s personalities are generally different aspects of me. My heroes are all versions of my ideal man. Having said that George Clooney gets several mentions….
6. Bonus question! What’s the last thing you ate today?
Fairly boring – it’s toast with marmite.
7. Bonus question! Anything you’d like to say.
What would I like to tell you – I had some erotic/nude photos taken for my 50th birthday to prove (to myself) I could still be sexy and desirable despite middle-aged body issues. They look rather good even if I say so myself!
Jennifer has four books out with Siren and another two, which finish each of her trilogies, are due out in May. These are all contemporary stories. She is now taking her writing in another direction and working on sci-fi, fantasy and paranormal stories.