1. If your characters could pick a food to play with in the bedroom, what would they use?
Funny you should ask…Trista and Lucky have this thing for a Mexican snack cake dessert called a Gansito. It’s all kinds of chocolate, strawberry and creamy filling yumminess. And it fits in the palm of your hand which makes for easy feeding to each other!
2. How old were you the first time you read a romance novel? Erotica?
Sorry Grandma, but the cat is out of the bag…I was probably about nine or ten when I read my first romance novel. But then there was this really long dry spell and I didn’t read another until about five years ago. Now I’m eternally hooked.
3. What is your favorite romance genre to read? Why? (Paranormal, sci-fi, contemporary, MM, menage, etc.)
I love reading paranormal romance. The myth and extraordinary worlds paranormal books can take you to are fabulous, but what I really love is how they allow for so much tragedy and then redemption. I love those ones.
4. What’s hotter for the hero: long-hair, short, or bald? Why?
Oh no! Do I really have to choose? Three hot cuties just popped into mind for each…Bald-Theo Rossi, Short- Tom Hardy, Long—My Lucky from Sidewalk Flower. I will try and make a case for long hair…When your hero is leaning over you, don’t you want to see it hanging in his face and then have the excuse to sweep it back and tuck it behind his ear or leave it be to tickle your nose? Hmm??
5. When is your favorite time of day to write? Where is your favorite place to write? (Morning, evening, bed, playground, etc.)
I love the night. But unfortunately, I’m a sleepy head, early to bed kind of girl. So, this means I do most of my writing during the day, in my bedroom that I’ve made as dark as I possibly can and sometimes with a blanket over my head and laptop.
6. Bonus question! Do your characters use birth control (i.e. condoms) and if so, how do you make the mechanics of it sexy?
Sure! Sidewalk Flower was just released on January 11th by Evernight Publishing and it’s about a jaded young woman, Trista, who sets out on an intense road trip home to deal with her past when she is asked to allow a relative stranger to tag along.
But, she’s seen too many good guys succumb to the harsh realities of her supposed privileged life in the music business and intends on keeping her distance.
When she picks up Lucky, the southern gentleman cousin of her selfish best friend, she has absolutely no idea of how to accept a perfectly good person with good intentions. Home has never looked so good, or felt so far away.
Thank you for having me! It was a wicked pleasure to be here 😉
Evernight Author Page: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/carlene-love-flores/
Website & Blog: http://carlenelove.com/