1. If your characters could pick a food to play with in the bedroom, what would they use?
I just finished writing a food play scene, and my characters got carried away with ice cream and whisky soaked, maraschino cherries. They both ended up sweet, sticky, and very satisfied. (and the kitchen floor was a wreck too!)
2. How old were you the first time you read a romance novel? Erotica?
I think I swiped my mom’s first romance novel before I was ten, but I didn’t discover erotica until my best friend heard me complaining that the books I was reading always faded to black at the “good parts.” She laughed and introduced me to erotic romances.
3. What is your favorite romance genre to read? Why? (Paranormal, sci-fi, contemporary, MM, menage, etc.)
I think it would have to be paranormal, but I love them all, it just depends on my mood and what new releases are out.
4. What’s hotter for the hero: long-hair, short, or bald? Why?
I spent my formative years around police officers and firemen, and so I have a thing for men with very short hair. (And guys in uniform too)
5. When is your favorite time of day to write? Where is your favorite place to write? (Morning, evening, bed, playground, etc.)
I seem to find my writing zone in the afternoon, that’s when I get the majority of my work done. I’ve never been a morning person, so it makes sense that I can’t really get creative until I’ve had at least two cups of coffee and a shower! My office is my preferred writing space. It’s the one spot in the house that’s allowed to be messy and it’s filled with all my favorite things.
6. Bonus question! Do your characters use birth control (i.e. condoms) and if so, how do you make the mechanics of it sexy?
I tend to vary it from book to book, but in general my characters “try” to remember, they just don’t always succeed in the heat of the moment.
7. Tell us about your latest release or what you’re working on now.
I have a new paranormal erotic romance series coming up, and the first book, Saved by Sin, was released December 18th, 2012. The series is going to revolve around a group of retired military men and women who all work for a security firm. When the supernatural threatens one of their clients, they’re going to start learning more than they ever imagined about the things that go bump in the night.
Saved by Sin is Michelle & Sinjin’s story: Security consultant Sinjin Heath is on leave while he recovers from a failed mission. When Michelle Jamieson arrives to take refuge in the cabin next door, he finds himself back in the protection business whether he’s ready or not. Michelle’s dead ex-boyfriend is haunting her, and the ghost wants to claim her, body and soul.
Buy Link – Whispers in the Dark: http://www.bookstrand.com/whispers-in-the-dark
Siren Author Page: http://www.bookstrand.com/susan-hayes